Friday, April 11, 2008

Out with the old...

Compared to the calculated risk I was preparing to take this time last year, all in all things are looking rather rosy right about now. As I result, I have been reviewing how I portray myself online, and have decided it's time to make a few changes.

First up, my blog biog. Although there's nothing specifically wrong about the one I've had up on this site for the last eight or nine months, it still comes across as if I'm still getting paid for my hobby. Writing is so much more than that now; it's my living, and so I need to present myself as an out and out professional.

So, it's out with the old...

I have been making up stories for as long as I can remember but didn't start getting paid for enjoying my hobby until 1992. Since then I have written gamebooks, short stories, comic strips, magazine articles and novels. To date, I have had seventeen books published, and have recently started work on my nineteenth, which is to be published in time for Christmas 2008.

And in with the new...

I have worked as a teacher for the last fourteen years, four of those as a deputy head. In that time I have also written numerous popular books for children – everything from Sonic the Hedgehog to Doctor Who – and science fiction and fantasy novels for adults. My twentieth book will be published this December, in time for Christmas 2008.

I have more plans for pepping up my web presence, so watch this space... as it could involve you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

You wrote a Sonic the Hedgehog book!

I want it!

April 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Two, in fact. They were both adventure gamebooks, part of series published by Puffin. The two I co-wrote were #5 Theme Park Panic and #6 Stormin' Sonic.

April 11, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home