Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Voyages of the Damned

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!



Have just enjoyed the Doctor Who Christmas Special 'Voyage of the Damned' with the family and all the way through I couldn't help drawing parallels with my next Pax Britannia novel 'Leviathan Rising'. I could see similarities all the way through, from the stricken cruise liner to... Well, that would just be giving too much away!

I suppose the similarities are inevitable, considering that Russel T Davies and myself have obviously taken our inspiration from the same source material, in other words, 1970s disaster movies.

Anyway, rest assured, even if you've just enjoyed 'Voyage of the Damned' as well, there are still plenty of surprises in store for all of you when you come to read 'Leviathan Rising', when it's published next March. But just bear in mind that I finished the book over a month before I saw the Doctor Who special!

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home