Monday, October 13, 2008

A weekend off!

I can't remember the last time I went for a whole weekend without doing any writing work whatsoever, whether it be finishing another chapter, editing one I've already written, or even plotting another adventure. But that's exactly what happened this weekend just gone.

At 11.45pm Friday night I emailed my editor the completed manuscript of Human Nature - my third Pax Britannia adventure, ninth novel and twenty-first book! A large motivating force was that it was my birthday this weekend, so I was able to commence the celebrations safe in the knowledge that I had put another one to bed and could really let my hair down. (How cool is Lego Batman on the Xbox?!?)

But now it's Monday morning and it's back to work. There's a new novel to start, short stories to plot and the more practical admin side of the business to catch up on. But for the moment I'm still basking in the warm afterglow of knowing that it's another job well done. (It also means that, come December, I will have passed the 1.3 million published words mark!)

Human Nature is out this December from Abaddon Books. You can reserve your copy here.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home