Monday, June 16, 2008

Match Wits Google Search

I'm told by those people whose business it is to know such things that companies put a lot of effort and money into having their names at the top of the list when anybody puts the relevant search into Google.

However, I have also been told that with a little canny use of the Internet yourself, a writer can achieve the same results without having the big budget to back them up.

So, you can see why I'm understandably very happy that when you type 'Match Wits with the Kids' into Google UK, that the first ten items on the search results page are all to do with my book! This is thanks in part to an Amazon listing, my publisher Icon Books arranging for me to be filmed by the people at Meet the Author, and my own blogging efforts.



It just goes to show, that a little effort in the right place at the right time can work wonders! A lesson for us all, I feel.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger C64 Mat said...

Hi Jon,

Well, that's a bit nifty :) I never liked Google's 'sponsored links' anyway, so it's good to see your book coming up there without the need to pay them money for it. After all, a search engine is [i]supposed[/i] to return what's relevant I always thought, not something someone else paid for you to see. So good work :)
(Incidentally, this is MasterChief. I hope I haven't sent you any comments to cause offence or, for that matter, bugged you too much on your blogs! :) )

June 18, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Ah, thanks. That clears things up. I thought it was you, I just wanted to be sure.

Cheers.

June 18, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

And no, don't worry, you haven't caused offence or bugged me at all, in fact. It's good to have your comments on the blog.

June 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home